We’ve been busy working on different toning methods in the darkroom which hasn’t left a lot of time for posting. We’ve worked with a couple of different scenarios using partial bleach back, sepia and selenium toning and think we’ve come up with the ideal look that we were striving for.
It’s amazing how different the results can be when you use the same chemicals but in a different order. It took a while. We had started out with a new toner that has a controller in it yesterday. After several prints we still weren’t happy with the results. Today we went back to our original chemical mix. Marks had done some extensive research and had done a couple of test strips which we practiced on to get the right look. We’re happy with the results but patience, however, is the key. We don’t have anything that’s dry enough to scan as yet, but as soon as we do we will be sharing them with you.
We still have a couple of images from Bulow Woods which were from our trip on January 2nd this year to share, and here they are.
These are scanned from negative and taken with our Nikon N90X using Ilford Delta 3200.
Enjoy the rest of the day and thanks as always for visiting.